08 February 2009

Frick!

We have a 4 month check up tomorrow, complete with vaccinations. She'll be a tired and fussy baby for the rest of the day.

In the mean time, we just had to get a picture of this precious, loud Dr. Suess get-up before she outgrew it entirely. It was one of many adorable outfits gifted to us by a friend of my sister. I'm still getting through them all. It was two huge boxes of baby clothes. Some she'll never get to wear because of size and season issues. But I realize that I never would have been okay just with dressing her in her brother's hand-me-downs. She's just too precious a girl to not occasionally look all girly.


She's sitting up supported these days. Holding her head up for extended periods of time, and really starting to get toys. This awesome jumper seat was a Christmas gift, and I have no doubt we'll get countless hours of play from it before she's too big!
She's still exhausted...a lot...Here, we're both exhausted!



And anyone who understands that I call her Elliott, and will always call her Elliott, and knows from whence came the inspiration for that name will understand that this onesie, lovingly crafted by my artistic sister, made me howl with laughter! Its still way WAY big on her, at a size 9-12 mo, but I just had to get a picture! It will get plenty of wear this summer!
Apparently, that last "c" was an accident, and a true "Frick" moment for my sister. Fun!
As I suspected, Liam's parent-teacher conference was a nearly endless stream of compliments. He's doing wonderfully in all his subjects, and as the teachers were going over the report card explaining the 1-2-3 grading system (1=needs improvement, 2=meets expectations, 3=exceeds expectations), and noting that Liam made 3's across the board, the one teacher looked at the other and said "Do we really think Liam's that smart?" To which the other teacher replied "We really do!" I'm so proud of his performance, and I am thrilled to tears that he loves school and learning as much as he does!



2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm pretty sure that onesie was lovingly crafted by your autistic sister.

Joe said...

frick indeed
what a cutie!
and congrats, Liam!