27 July 2009

Way Behind, Way Ahead

So, I haven't blogged in forever (my deepest apologies). This puts me way behind on updating about the kids. Here goes:

Liam finished kindergarten and has been promoted to the first grade. He's an absolute GIANT and I shall not be remotely surprised if he is the biggest kid in his class. He started Kung Fu classes about 6 weeks ago. I have already noticed a pretty major improvement in areas like balance, coordination and concentration. He takes classes on 2 weekday evenings and on Saturday mornings. There is a 9 year old in his class, and Liam, my 6 year old, is about 1/2 an inch shorter than the 9 year old. He wears size 8 husky to 10 regular, depending upon the clothing. He's about 77 pounds. I don't know his height off the top of my head, but I assume that he'll be taller than me before he leaves elementary school. Frightening.

Bellie is growing by leaps and bounds. She has 4 teeth, two bottom front incisors, and two top lateral incisors. It looks like the top front incisors are trying to break through. She has ninja speed when she crawls and she's quite the little escape artist, especially during diaper changes. Her diet has expanded immensely in the past month. She loves mexican food, particularly refried beans and avocado. She has been pulling herself up to standing since a few days after she figured out how to crawl. She's been cruising since a couple days after that. She will also stand, unsupported, for several seconds at a time. She'll be 10 months old on the 5th of August...she took her first two unassisted steps last night in front of a crowd of friends. I was not in the room. I wanted to cry. I know it will be a bit before she is confidently walking and that there will be many more episodes of tentative "baby" steps. But that I missed the first ones just hurts my heart.

We set up Liam's slip-n-slide yesterday and had some friends over. The kids had a blast. And once it got dark, we put the kids to play at the Wii, and the adults had their go on the slip-n-slide. We had a blast, but we are all paying the price today with sore joints and skinned knees, but no regrets!!



Here. Have a major photo dump!



Elliott sits in Liam's empty splash pool to watch the boys on the slip-n-slide

Anthony couldn't quite the hang of propelling himself forward


Liam got it after a couple of rounds



Yay, Summer!





Elliott sometimes folds herself in half to sleep




Liam in Kung Fu







Elliott meets Auntie Kate and cousin Merritt


And has a pickle


And has a rollicking good time with Atticus



Just the cutest little button in history






















1 comment:

Dad/Papa/Ron said...

The front yard water park looks like alot of fun. The kids are growing and going!!!