13 November 2008

Sundry

Liam lost his second tooth on Wednesday evening, during dinner, and nearly swallowed it. His daddy had the honor of being Toothfairy for the first, and I was so glad he opted to leave his tooth over here last night, to put under his pillow tonight for the toothfairy. I found myself thrilled at being able to bring some magic into his life as I switched out the tooth for money, and gave him a kiss!
Elliott started REALLY smiling this week, though I am still too enamored of it to run for the camera yet. Her first was Tuesday, while Josh and I were at Liam's school for his "Kid of the Week" interview. Her smile made me cry, and his interview made me puff with pride. All of his classmates had wonderful compliments for him about how nice he is to everyone, that he shares with and includes everyone. His teachers all gushed about what a great student he is, how hard he works, and how much he loves to learn. I have a really amazing 6 year old!! He's been so helpful and involved with Ellie Bellie. He's even tried his hand at diaper duty.
Both last night and tonight, he got to give Elliott her "dinner," carefully supporting her head, and with a little coaching, even holding the bottle properly so she wouldn't swallow a bunch of air. His first couple of times helping to feed her, he was only allowed to feed until her first burping. But he has proven himself so well in his care for her that I figured I could trust him to feed her the whole bottle. He did a wonderful job. He didn't get bored, or complain about his arm getting tired. He just fed her, cooed at her, kissed her and told her how pretty and special she is...


2 comments:

jl said...

What an amazing family you have. I love and miss y'all.

Katie said...

I got flutterbies reading this!

Delighted for The Family Johnston and so, so proud of Master Burns.

Ditto what John said.